September bridges the gap between the warmth of summer and the crispness of autumn. As we prepare for the cooler months, it’s the perfect time to revitalize our fitness routine. Here’s a full-body workout designed to energize, strengthen, and set a positive tone for the upcoming season.
Warm-Up for you Workout (5 minutes):
- Jumping Jacks: 1 minute
- High Knees: 1 minute
- Arm Circles: 1 minute (30 seconds each direction)
- Leg Swings: 1 minute (30 seconds each leg)
- Dynamic Stretching: 1 minute (alternating toe touches, quad stretches)
Strength Training Workout (20 minutes):
- Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Tip: Ensure your knees don’t go past your toes and keep your chest up.
- Push-Ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Modification: If standard push-ups are challenging, start with knee push-ups.
- Lunges: 3 sets of 10 reps per leg
- Tip: Keep your upper body straight and ensure your knee doesn’t touch the ground.
- Plank to Row: 3 sets of 10 reps (using dumbbells)
- Tip: Maintain a strong plank position, and when you row, keep your elbow close to your body.
- Glute Bridges: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Tip: Press through your heels and squeeze your glutes at the top.
Cardio Blast Workout (10 minutes):
- Burpees: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Mountain Climbers: 3 sets for 30 seconds
- Skaters: 3 sets for 30 seconds
- Rest: 30 seconds between each set
Cool Down from your Workout (5 minutes):
- Forward Fold Stretch: 30 seconds
- Child’s Pose: 1 minute
- Seated Hamstring Stretch: 30 seconds each leg
- Butterfly Stretch: 1 minute
- Deep Breathing: 1 minute
September is a month of renewal and transition. This workout, encompassing strength training and cardio, ensures a balanced approach to fitness. As the leaves begin to change, let’s commit to positive change in our fitness journey, embracing the energy of the new season.